• (3 Pages)
  • +

Relocating ... SmartChoice is a must

#1 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:18 PM

Last week I applied for the reloaction of two phone lines to my new location. I will get new phone numbers since the new location is not at the same exchange. Thought TSTT would already have something where you can relocate with your existing numbers ... but unfortunately that is not the case.

Anyhow, I was baffled when they 'offered' me the SmartChoice packages and that I HAVE to take them! That now means that my fax line will not anymore cost just $35 (incl.), but $100 + VAT. Since I use e-Service I know that SmartChoice is not a smart choice for me. Now I HAVE to use this 'SmartForce' package. Well, I will reduce my usage to the absolut minimum for all other TSTT services. And maybe Columbus Communication's 'flow' will be the future for me ...

#2 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:27 PM

I think that they (TSTT) will be following what the other telecoms do in terms of only offering bundled minutes and not a 'pay-as-you-go service'.

Greg

#3 User is offline   SUP3R Icon

• Overseas Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

I prefer the pay-as-you-go, but I heard that this is the new requirement TSTT has put in place for landlines. Either you take it or you just won't get any landline services. A friend of mine that works at TSTT said they'll be approaching all land line customers and ask them which package they would like. Meaning all landline services will eventually be on a SmartMistake package.

#4 User is offline   shaneelal Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:54 PM

that's really unfair,what about the poor man who wants his phone only to call family living close(same exchange) or wants to only make calls in emergency. Recently I've stopped making cell calls from my landline,only using cell to call cell as I find it's cheaper. And 99.9% of my calls are within the exchange. My phonebill is about $36 for last month,I would never take "smartchoice" willingly.

#5 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:30 AM

They (TSTT( are suposed to be working on a plan for senior citizens and low income homes.

Consider that it is either they do this or the rural customers pay the real price for a phone call instead of having it subsidised by urban customers,mobile phone users and Internet users.This would require TSTT requesting rate-rebalancing.

TSTT cross-subsidises most of the rates which allows for cheaper calling rates in areas where the profit made is small e.g. in rural areas.

TATT is aware that this is against regulations but if it were not for this half of South Trinidad would not have land line phone service and the cellular network would be limited to the main urban areas.

Greg

#6 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:58 PM

Well, the latest is that TSTT cannot even give me the two lines at the new location as there are no lines available at the moment. I get one and they are trying to 'find' another one for me ... (but I applied actually for a 3rd line and that seems out of the question) ... 2020 here we come ;-)
So I am going from my current 3 lines to 1 ... mmmh

#7 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:07 AM

My home phones have been down since 7.18.06 and TSTT can't tell me when they'll be repaired... :angry:

Nice...nice... :rolleyes:

#8 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

Well, the latest ... TSTT cut my lines this morning, despite I sent a fax two weeks ago with all the details and relocation date 1-Aug-2006. It seems the 'Correspondence Department' does not communicate information.
I had no phone, no fax, no ADSL ...

The good part: I called TSTT (Yes, at 824-TSTT) and all was back fully functional in about 2 hours. Total downtime 3 hours. ... hope they soon let me know my new numbers ...

#9 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:47 PM

My home lines are up and running after about a week.I now have to battle for my rebates with TSTT.

Consider this:

It's July 24th 2006 and six villages have been without fixed line service since July 18th 2006 then the sole bmobile cellsite in the area and ALL the landlines go down... :rolleyes:

#10 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:59 AM

Relocation update:
Well, after a month of planning and activities, I now learned that it is simply not possible with TSTT to relocate telephone lines and services for a particular date (1-August-2006).

I finally moved into my new place. I applied for the relocation of my two phones, the ADSL service and TSTT's 'Virtual Telephone' (announcement that the number has changed) a month ago. I also applied for a third line (new installation). I send two faxes with all the details to the 'Correspondence Department' in July ...

Status of today:
- One phone line is working
- One phone line is not in service: "I'm sorry your number is not in service at this time. Please contact your business office for further information"
- ADSL service is not working
- My old phone numbers are still active
- The Virtual Telephone Service has not been activated (and people cannot reach me)
- The application for a new line has been completely ignored
- The contractor who did the installation installed one line (the working one) in a 'storage room', the other one in the correct room, despite the fact that he agreed on notifying me when he is going to do the installation (and I could have assisted him with the locations of the phones)

I am on the phone with TSTT on a daily basis. Every time I get some sort of different answers:
- CSR (yesterday): August 1st was a holiday, therefore we will disconnect your lines today
- CSR (today): The ADSL service can only be activated on your new line after it was deactivated on your old line (yeah right) ... it will take a couple of days
- Installation department (yesterday): The line has to be wired in the distribution cabinet and it might be done by Friday (I'm sorry, your number is not in service)

Good part: TSTT e-service included already my new number

I really wonder why I started the relocation process with TSTT over a month ago ...

The 'Correspondence Department' seemed to have ignored any kind of information I sent them after TSTT asked me to fax the information to that department.

#11 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:49 PM

Latest relocation update:

- One of my two previous lines disabled, other line still open
- My second (main) line is now open for incoming calls
- ADSL still not working ... (Internet ... my main business!)
- TSTT's Virtual Telephone (announcement) on my old line not working, instead 'I'm sorry, the number is not in service' ... very nice when working from home and clients are calling that main number
- Up till today TSTT has not officially notified my about my new phone numbers

Anyhow, it seems things are 'falling' in place, just not as I planned it a month in advance.

#12 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:43 AM

Hopefully,they'll organize your stuff soon...

Greg

#13 User is offline   jsm1985 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Nokia, Symbian
    Current Phone: Nokia C7

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

Seems as if we are in a similar position... I requested that my line be relocated on the 18th July.. line was physically installed by contractor on the 28th July, but can only receive calls for the past week.I call them on a daily basis asking when they will make my line fully operational as they claim they can only begin the ADSL Reinstallation progress when the line becomes 2-way. They FORCED Smart'Choice' on me... (somehow they still tell me it was "offered" to me). The only good thing about this is that the $500+ reinstallation of DSL charge is waived.
I Don't know what's taking so long for my line to be 2-way, they say they are waiting on the report from the contractor that the line is OK. Since when this takes over a week? Too bad it's past 4pm and i cant call them to find out....

#14 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:14 PM

jsm1985, on Aug 4 2006, 04:14 PM, said:

Seems as if we are in a similar position...

Yes, it looks very similar! I might actually be lucky ...
While I can see the progress, it is still annoying that it was not possible to install the services on-time. I gave them 5 weeks notice and there are still things open.
For each of my previous lines I had to call them after the supposed to be disconnection date and ask to disconnect my line. Just this afternoon I spent again 30 min waiting and talking to a TSTT CSR to disconnect my last line.
My ADSL is still not working and I found out today that apparently I did not apply for it (depsite that I sent 2 faxes to the 'Correspondence Department' stating all the facts).
In addition, that my 'Virtual Telephone Service' announcement is not working, the Installation Department told em today that my previous number has already been assigned to the next customer. How can that be when I applied for 6 months of Virtual Telephone Service on that number?
I can see that (almost) everybody is doing their job at TSTT, but it seems the overall picture is missing. The picture which makes a customer to return to the supplier because of a good experience.
Well, this afternoon I sent a fax to the Manager in Charge of the Call Centre ... hey and now another piece is suddenly working: Caller ID ;-) ... but still no ADSL ;-(
I wonder if the actually charge me from August 1st, despite that I do not have service.

#15 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:36 PM

Well, on another note ... I was supposed to collect my EVDO gateway today. But unfortunately TSTT was running out of EVDO devices. So, no ADSL, no backup via EVDO ... just dialup ... or wireless hijacking ;-)

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users