• (3 Pages)
  • +

Relocating ... SmartChoice is a must

#16 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:08 PM

And the relocation disaster continues ... - Still no ADSL.
Every time I call ... "it will take a few days" ...
For whatever reason they had to disconnect my previous ADSL line first and the connect the new one.

If I would have known this type of insufficency ... I would have put up a temporary office somewhere else.

#17 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:56 AM

8-August ... still no ADSL. The 8th day without ADSL ... despite my relocation request was done in June.

Fortunately I am getting a wireless broadband gateway this afternoon. Hope that works out of the box.

#18 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

and the crazyness continues ... just got a call from the TSTT Credit Department ...
I now have to sign a new contract for one year for the ADSL service ... after I have ADSL for over 3 years now. Well, they gave me time until Monday to do so ;-)
I wonder why they didn't know all of that in June when I applied for relocation.

#19 User is offline   SUP3R Icon

• Overseas Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 August 2006 - 05:07 PM

All I have to say is wow and I really hope that I don't have to go through any of that in my life once it's dealing with TSTT.

#20 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:02 PM

Finally some good news!
After talking again to a CSR, she finally forwarded me to a guy at the "Correspondence Department". Huh, suddenly he found all my faxes with all the information, and he seems to make things happen now. The 'Manager in Charge' of the same deaprtment never responded to my fax I sent 5 days ago.
Anyhow, it seems this guy (Colin) is on the right track and he is very helpful.

Well, on July 24th I went to the TSTT Park Street office with my former landlord to transfer a phone number into my responsibilty.
It seems that this visit to the TSTT Park Street was a of waste time as they lost the form. I have to fill out the form again and apply for the change ...
The 'Saga' continues ...

#21 User is offline   jsm1985 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Nokia, Symbian
    Current Phone: Nokia C7

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:12 PM

Well after almost 2 weeks of calling TSTT to tell them my line relocation was not complete (Only 1 way service), and hearing the same reply (it takes 30 days for the process), i had enough and went to the TSTT Customer Service building in St. Augustine, and they had my line working in an hour. Apparently the contractor never reported that they installed my line. As of today, my re-application for ADSL on my line has gone thru, hopefully I will get rid of this dial up crap by Friday.

#22 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

I must say that I'm reading what's happening here and I'm taking it in since my home phone lines were down for about a week and I seem to be having no problem as it pertains to the rebates for the time period in which the lines were down.

Maybe it was because I e-mailed the TATT and copied all of the correspondence to TSTT... :rolleyes:

#23 User is offline   jsm1985 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:20 AM

So do I get rebated for the time I didn't have service? Or does this only pertain to when they are at a technical fault?

#24 User is offline   jsm1985 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:20 AM

by the way, this is one of the FEW sites that work as fast as it would on DSL........

#25 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:26 AM

jsm1985, on Aug 10 2006, 12:20 AM, said:

So do I get rebated for the time I didn't have service? Or does this only pertain to when they are at a technical fault?

It never hurts to e-mail them to find out: Eservice@tstt.co.tt

Greg

#26 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:33 AM

Great news!
My 'Virtual Telephone Service' is now working!
There is now an announcement on my old number " ... the number has changed, Please dial ....". Would have been nice to have the service on August 1st when I asked for it.

But one cannot get everything ... slowly but surely things are getting in place.

Not sure why my ADSL is not yet working ... maybe they really wait until I have again signed the new contract. Fortunately I am running now this EVDO gateway here.

It seems TSTT's Colin is doing his job as he promised!

#27 User is offline   greall Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:11 PM

I'd hate to think that Colin's now found your information...

#28 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:09 AM

12 Days and still no ADSL ... and it seems EVDO is not really a 100% replacement.

#29 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:09 PM

Update: Received a call from the TSTT Credit Department ... I needed to sign a new 1 year ADSL contract. Ok, went again to TSTT's Park St. office and signed a new one year ADSL contract. And according to the TSTT CSR it will again take 1 to 1 1/2 weeks until I will get ADSL.
Not sure what went wrong here in the first place? I gave all my relocation information to TSTT at the end of June ... 7 weeks later and 2 weeks after my move, I still do not have the ADSL service back. Don't they just have to enable my number for ADSL within the Exchange? Still not really customer service oriented I would say. One things for sure, the CSR's are professionals when it comes to apologising for ... (don't know where to start?) ;-)
Well, maybe the maintenance (maybe an upgrade?) in a few hours will provide the service for me.
I feel I am getting slowly closer to completion of my reloaction ...

#30 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:20 PM

Update: I'm in heaven! After my line went dead for 10 minutes during an oversea call, I suddendly saw that my ADSL modem detected ADSL connectivity!
Yes, I am back on ADSL and I am really glad about it. After using the EVDO service for a week, I know now that it currently does not work for me. It is fast when data is coming over, but there are lots of stops and the overall experience is not much different than dialup. Dialup is actually much better when doing telnet/ssh sessions.

I am almost there ... they just have to change the Virtual Telephone announcement as it seems that nobody can understand my new number, switch off Voicemail as it interferes with my PC answering machine and then the relocation job should be completed.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users