• +
  • Last »

bMobile 850 MHz up and running!

#31 User is offline   SUP3R Icon

• Overseas Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:50 PM

I had the same problem. All of my calls were failing I didn't bother to call cuz I was sure they were aware, haven't had that problem since though.

#32 User is offline   jevolution Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

Well hopefully the 850 band will be announced to the public, opffically in 6 days :D

#33 User is offline   SUP3R Icon

• Overseas Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:41 PM

Hmm that means I'll be out of the country by then, but day before yesterday I switched to the 850 band, i got signal but the quality was horrible I hope they fix that within the next 6 days.

#34 User is offline   kemraj Icon

• Moto Modder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Developing and administrating of websites.
    www.TriniMotors.com

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

They should because digicel sound is wonderfull lol I use my digicell all the time even to call bmobile phones lol

#35 User is offline   mario2001 Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers, electronics and cellular tecnology

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

kemraj, on Aug 21 2006, 03:50 PM, said:

They should because digicel sound is wonderfull lol I use my digicell all the time even to call bmobile phones lol

btw where you not the same kemraj that said he hardly use to use his digicel when the 100%promotion was on Lol thats great then digicel i really makin in roads into the Tt market share

#36 User is offline   kemraj Icon

• Moto Modder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Developing and administrating of websites.
    www.TriniMotors.com

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:10 PM

LOl alot of girls use digicel so i have no choice lol if i can't fight it be in it not litturally lol

#37 User is offline   mario2001 Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers, electronics and cellular tecnology

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:12 PM

i see your point kemraj ......i guess the girls know the good stuff eh?

#38 User is offline   SUP3R Icon

• Overseas Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:14 PM

or the cheaper alternative if u want to look at it that way :)

#39 User is offline   jevolution Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:45 PM

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!
The band is now fully operational, i have not heard any offical announcements yet but i put my fone on 850/1900 and i have full service in areas of my house that i used to have no service before. I wonder if its been officially launched? Anyone seen anything in todays papers?

Remember in order to see an improvement your phone must support the 850band. Please let me know if you guys are getting full service in most places now too

#40 User is offline   TinyPsycho Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:24 PM

almost everyone seems to have 2 mobiles or at least one mobile with a SIM each from bmob and digi.... so i guess it doesn't really matter anymore :huh:

#41 User is offline   jevolution Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

huh, how do u mean? :blink:

Now that bmobile has the 850 band operational, the signal that you receive on your phone (once u have the 850 band) is comparable to that of digicel. So now the two companies can compete better. I wonder how the voice quality is.

#42 User is offline   TinyPsycho Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

well with the new digicel circle, i've abandoned my bmobile phone (the poor thing). thank god for max and his google settings or else i wud have probably givn up on bmobile. i guess in order for me to start taking bmobile seriously, they wud have to come up with a feature like that

#43 User is offline   jevolution Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:48 PM

lol that's true for me also. Since im on digicel circle my bmobile for just collecting dust. I suspect that bmobile will have to bring out some kind of unlimited talk plan soon. I know that they are gonna be anouncing some new smartchoice packages soon and they're also supposed to launch their cable service before the end of the year, so maybe they're planning one big huge thing to get back in the game.

#44 User is offline   jsm1985 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Nokia, Symbian
    Current Phone: Nokia C7

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:53 PM

Stuck my bMobile SIM in my 850/1900 Nokia 1110 today and No Service. Also Switched a Samsung to 850/1900 Mode and still no service. This is in the St. Augustine area. However, I was in Tobago this weekend, where TSTT's 850 has been in operation for a while now (It was their testing ground) and must say that their coverage and voice quality was great on my Nokia 6230b. It kept up with my Digicel phone everywhere I went, except coming back on the Lynx where it lost signal about 1 hour into the trip. Surprisingly my Digicel phone kept FULL and i mean FULL signal on the whole trip. I don't even know how that was possible. It was pretty cool.

Anyway, saw Public Announcement in the papers today from TSTT. They are shutting down TDMA service on Aug 31 at Midnight, so that they can "make use of valuable resources that the TDMA system is using and apply it to the GSM network". I guess we can look forward to nationwide 850 Sept 1? Hooray

#45 User is offline   jevolution Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:03 PM

Ah, i see, so its not a nationwide launch. Well i have full service here in marabella. Everywhere i go now has full service...its like its stalking me :P

And yes digicel's coverage goes straight across to tobago and bmobile's own doesn't. Its not really an amazing feat as the distance is relatively short and it was accomplished by strategic positioning of directional antennas by digicel.
On the coast on that side bmobile only has omidirectional antennas (in all directions) which is not as strong as a directional antenna and so the signal does not make it all the way to toago.

Anyway, i was wondering how come the tdma network was still operational. But it makes sense that we'll get the nationwide 850 on sept 1st.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users