• (2 Pages)
  • +

Greendot Broadband Wireless Antenna for sale

#16 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

Well dsl is on its way. should have it by next week then it's pwnage time. lol.

I guess we can all agree that Greendot is the worst possible isp ever. I am actually surprised that they came so fast to disconnect me. They took nearly 2 months to connect me. Each time I called they would say they coming on a day, when that day reached I called again to hear a pack of lies. One time they even told me that the crew was stuck in flood by a customer in Chaguanas, when I damn well know there was no flood. No rain = No flood. The problem here is that Greendot is a bunch of amateurs and know it all geeks who know nothing. They have no sense of professionalism. I mean if you not coming to connect a person when you say you coming atleast call and say you can't come, it's impolite to have people waiting foolishly so. Note that they did this to me like for 3 weeks straight. They started pissing me off before I even had their service.

After I had their crappy service I had to call them almost every week to complain about something. I figured that all this lame service was running up my phone bill so I started emailing after that. During all this I was the laughing stock of all my friends and family. My family laugh at me and tell me I waste my money. I realized that a long time now but somehow the first few times I asked for a rebated disconnection they simply ignored the request. I am yet to get my rebate, although Mr. Patel assured me that once they have their equipment they will rebate me.

Since their IT department is probably a bunch of know it all wimp geeks who giggle and snort at the sight of a new router I suspect this is the reason why good service is never sustained. They keep playing around with the settings like immature kids unaware that their actions are affecting others or they just don't care. Just when they finally fixed everything and I could finally play a game on battlenet they screw up everything again. Claiming that they are capping p2p for a "short while". They were unable to give me a definite answer on how long that short while would be. Now since that is the case it seems that Greendot is only good for http. The tech person who called me insisted that because games need alot of graphics it also means that they need alot of bandwidth, this is when I knew I was dealing with a complete ###. Everyone knows that Battlenet games can work on as low as 56K, the real issue is the latency not so much the bandwidth, also all the graphics processing is done locally not over the internet. Blizzard happens to have some really good programmers.

Most important reason I hate Greendot. They cost me marks. I have online tutorials which have a time limit and they go for marks, imagine how frustrating it is knowing that if you start your tutorial and Greendot connection stops working then you have no choice but to accept a zero. This almost happened to me once so I have no choice but to do my online tutorials in school. Let me assure you they had interruptions in service almost every week.

This is a very short list of reasons why Greendot has constantly been frustrating me. Do your part and save Trinidad from this poor excuse for an isp. Warn all your family and friends. you guys should be happy they never called you back else you would have been just as unfortunate as I was.

#17 User is offline   blitz Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the info on Greendot. When my friends & family ask me about or is interested in Greendot, i always tell them its a waste of time. This is not the first time I'm hearing this from a customer...

#18 User is offline   ryn13 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

I had no idea that Greendot was that bad

#19 User is offline   mr chin Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:computers, internet, ladies, music...

Post icon  Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

i heard about Greendot long time. i had signed up their service since last year june and when they came to install the dish on the top of my house, they said they were not getting any signal, because the trees were blocking it. i later got a refund during the week. is only later on, i heard from friends who had Greendot, that their internet service was not good. not one person i spoke to had anything good to say about them. my experience was a blessing in disguise.

#20 User is offline   crocsrule Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:36 PM

600 dollars i will pay u for it and when green dot coming knocking on yuh door how much u refuning me lol

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users