TSTT Forum: Relocating again ... - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Relocating again ... ... with two lines

#1 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

Today I called TSTT to request the relocation of my two lines to my new location ... which is right next door (100m).
The CSR asked me for a 'disconnection date', but I told her I am more interested in a connection date.

She told me that the lines will be disconnected on the day I gave her, which is in 20 days. When asked she could not tell me when the phone lines will be working again at the new location. Since both lines are under the SmartChoice package, I do not have to pay the usual $70.00 per line, no, but $150.00 per line ... (was it really a SmartChoice? ... well, after all, I remember that I had no choice at all last year).
To make matters even more complicated, I also requested to relocate my HSIA to the same new location with the same phone number it is currently connected to. $Ding$Ding$ ... another $552.00 ... and additional $225.00 for possible wiring to my new place ...

Well, we will see how it will workout this time ... :blink:

#2 User is offline   ninja_billy Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:41 PM

Damn wow holy macaroni, that really messed up tstt in the extortion game now.

#3 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

That is the most stupidness I ever hear, out of all the stupidness I hear from TSTT. That is rip off for so. First of all That HSIA activation fee is real madness. I can't say what I really want to say about that, you go be forced to ban me, lol. Is the same bleeping number they ain't have to do squat to put on the HSIA on the line, because it will never leave the line to start with. Oh God them people dotish inside TSTT. On second thought I feel they also take us for fools. Admin if I was you, I was going to run my own dam line especially if you say is just next door, 100m sounding far for next door though. 1 Cat 5 cable holding them 2 lines and running it to the new place and you good to go but you go have to find some innovative way to secure a connection box with a lock on a lightpole where people can't go hijack your line. Wayyyyy sa, I still in shock from reading your post. Just wondering though how come you need 2 smart choice lines? For me, I always thought it was a dumb choice so I never take none of that. I feeling sorry for you yes.

#4 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

View PostLich King, on Jul 11 2007, 08:46 PM, said:

Just wondering though how come you need 2 smart choice lines? For me, I always thought it was a dumb choice so I never take none of that.

Last year when I relocated to the current place, I had no choice but had to subscribe to SmartChoice (read this). So instead of paying something like $30 for my fax line, I then had to pay $100 + VAT.
Well, but from my experience over the last 12 months with SmartChoice, the overall monthly bill is now lower than before as I get all kind of discounts with SmartChoice.
And no, I will not run my own CAT5 since I cannot keep my connection at the current place (different premises).

#5 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

With broadband technology like what FLOW offers you would be able to roam wherever there is cable and not have to worry about your number since you could take it with you, but I wonder if FLOW will take us for ### too and charge mega prices for relocation.
The Moto of TSTT is to make it as difficult as possible for the customer to get anything done. That is probably their theme at every meeting. It's true that they don't take you on when you tell them in advance to disconnect your services on a certain date. I had that problem when I called them a month in advance to tell them suspend my dial up account. The week after the date it should have been suspended the account was still active so I had to call them again. I really don't know what does be going on in TSTT, it certainly seems that their internal communications lacking. It's ironic that they are a communications company yet it seems that they don't communicate with themselves.

#6 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

View PostLich King, on Jul 12 2007, 08:09 PM, said:

With broadband technology like what FLOW offers you would be able to roam wherever there is cable and not have to worry about your number since you could take it with you, but I wonder if FLOW will take us for ### too and charge mega prices for relocation.
The Moto of TSTT is to make it as difficult as possible for the customer to get anything done. That is probably their theme at every meeting. It's true that they don't take you on when you tell them in advance to disconnect your services on a certain date. I had that problem when I called them a month in advance to tell them suspend my dial up account. The week after the date it should have been suspended the account was still active so I had to call them again. I really don't know what does be going on in TSTT, it certainly seems that their internal communications lacking. It's ironic that they are a communications company yet it seems that they don't communicate with themselves.

Well, flow isn't much better when it comes to relocations! I called them before last years relocation, sent them a fax and 10 minutes later my cable was switched off, despite that I requested it for the next day. They then continued charging my credit card for another two or more months. Flow tried to charge a installation fee (same as for a new customer) for the new location, like I was never a customer before ... since then I do not have cable anymore.

#7 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

sigh... Sadly I cannot say I was not expecting something like that from flow.

#8 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

Update: Called TSTT today to confirm my relocation request and trying to make sure that the correct new address is used ...
TSTT's CSR couldn't find my relocaction request at all. Apparently the day I called (11-July), their computers had a problem and it seems that my request got lost.
I started the whole thing over and told her everything again ... but now it might be more difficult to meet my disconnect deadline and it might take up to four weeks to reconnect the line .... (I guess I better use the CAT 5 cable and run it myself).
She told me again that the relocation would cost $70 per line. When I asked her if she is sure since I have SmartChoice ... she put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with the answer that I have to pay $150 per line ... since it is SmartChoice :blink:

The CSR called back later and asked me if I am paying for HSIA ;-) I told her that I am a paying customer and I simply want all the current services relocated to the next building. She then realised that she checked the wrong number ... :ph34r:

I also asked her why it will take four weeks to get my service back when I inform them early. Well, that is the way it is, right ...
And for the HSIA package ... she told me that after the line is connected at the new locaction, I need to call them again to start the installation of the HSIA again. They have to measure the line to make sure it is fit for ADSL.
Well, we will see how it continues ... I might be be off the net in 2 1/2 weeks ... but for how long?

#9 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

Update: Well, the 'Disconnect Day' came, a friendly TSTT CSR called to inform me that my ADSL connection will be disconnected and my phone lines too. What they did not tell me that they basically removed my complete lines & services within the exchange. Instead of hearing my voice mail announcing a temporary number to call, all a caller can hear now: "The number you have dialed is not in service". I paid my bill, called 3 weeks in advance, told them that I need my Internet connection back as soon as possible, asked them if they can maybe already install the required cables ... but all that didn't work as my numbers are dead right now and the TSTT contractor left because he did not have sufficient time to lay the cables (he arrived at 4pm).
Well, he even suggested that he would run the new wires straight from the old building 50m straight line over the car park etc. since the main cable to the building had no more functioning 'spare wires'.
So he told me that he will try on Thursday again, since he had to attend a private matter on Tuesday. I urged him to send somebody else tomorrow and he tried to reach another person who could do the job on Tuesday, but it was after 4pm.

Well, it happened almost exactly like expected ... despite all my effort to avoid this.
I am still at a total loss why these very simply matters cannot be properly coordinated!!

1. TSTT should not have disconnected (discontinued) my phone lines
2. TSTT should not have disconnected my HSIA
3. All they had to do ... reroute the two cables from the same pole to a different building.

Lich King suggestion running my own cat5 cable from my old location to the new would have been actually the best (fastest) solution. Now TSTT is running a cable from my old location to the new. They don't even run the cable from the street. Now the cable will be even worse for ADSL running back and forth between buildings etc.

Will see what Tuesday brings ...

#10 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

Update ... hola ... believe it or not ... my phone lines are back and even my ADSL is working again at my new place.
All in just a day. The TSTT contractor did a good job. Quite different to the experience from last year!
Now I am waiting for the higher speed Internet experience (same or better than I had four years ago).

#11 User is offline   shaneelal Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

good to know you up and running.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users