TSTT Forum: What would you do with 10GB bandwidth? - TSTT Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1

What would you do with 10GB bandwidth?

#1 User is offline   broadbandboy Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 08-August 07

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:07 AM

This is insane.. imagine a gigabit MPLS-enabled network that allows upward of 10GB to business customers.... talk about fiber to the premises!! Word is that TSTT is about to unleash this to the business sector..

I also see that Flow is doing similar lower bandwidth applications aimed at the SME market.. Trinidad certainly has come a long way since the days of dialup...
0

#2 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:22 AM

View Postbroadbandboy, on Aug 9 2007, 01:07 AM, said:

This is insane.. imagine a gigabit MPLS-enabled network that allows upward of 10GB to business customers.... talk about fiber to the premises!! Word is that TSTT is about to unleash this to the business sector..

I also see that Flow is doing similar lower bandwidth applications aimed at the SME market.. Trinidad certainly has come a long way since the days of dialup...


I still think that people would come here to complain about the services then... :rolleyes:
0

#3 User is offline   broadbandboy Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 08-August 07

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

hahaha.. damn right! I could see it now.. "I'm only getting 8.946GB from my 10GB connection.. KILL KILL KILL!!!!"

View Postgreall, on Aug 9 2007, 07:22 AM, said:

I still think that people would come here to complain about the services then... :rolleyes:

0

#4 User is offline   Philosophical45 Icon

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 60
  • Joined: 11-December 06

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

View Postbroadbandboy, on Aug 9 2007, 01:32 PM, said:

hahaha.. damn right! I could see it now.. "I'm only getting 8.946GB from my 10GB connection.. KILL KILL KILL!!!!"



LOLOLOL... hmm honestly.. i'm waiting to see this new implementation that tstt seeks to carry out.. but i'm a tobago resident, so to imagine a business on the island requiring such data transfer rates would be on the difficult side.. but then again.. why not use the speed.. so much can be done.
0

#5 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:53 PM

View Postbroadbandboy, on Aug 9 2007, 01:32 PM, said:

hahaha.. damn right! I could see it now.. "I'm only getting 8.946GB from my 10GB connection.. KILL KILL KILL!!!!"



I'm watching the other boards and I'm seeing complaints about FLOW coming in just now...

Greg
0

#6 User is offline   Lich King Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 19-May 06

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

Hi. Defender of the underdog here to start the complaints. lol. Ok it is really more of a question. Where is TSTT getting that kind of international bandwidth from? Are they running new fibre optics? Satellite? or are they doing the unthinkable and purchasing bandwidth from flow now that flow overshadows them like Mt. Everest next to a matchstick? Once again, please don't kill me, I like the idea of 10GB connection but we all know how TSTT is. I do not need to remind you all of "Broadband EVDO speeds from 400 to 700kbps and max of 2.4Mbps" and what do we get in real life? Narrowband EVDO 28.8kbps. Well you guys know the rest.
0

#7 User is offline   joel Icon

  • Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 162
  • Joined: 30-June 07

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

View PostLich King, on Aug 10 2007, 02:03 PM, said:

Hi. Defender of the underdog here to start the complaints. lol. Ok it is really more of a question. Where is TSTT getting that kind of international bandwidth from? Are they running new fibre optics? Satellite? or are they doing the unthinkable and purchasing bandwidth from flow now that flow overshadows them like Mt. Everest next to a matchstick? Once again, please don't kill me, I like the idea of 10GB connection but we all know how TSTT is. I do not need to remind you all of "Broadband EVDO speeds from 400 to 700kbps and max of 2.4Mbps" and what do we get in real life? Narrowband EVDO 28.8kbps. Well you guys know the rest.


Business wise I would think it actually makes the most sense for TSTT to purchase bandwidth from Columbus Networks, "Whom I might add is now a locally registered company". Flow does not actually own the ARCOS infrastructure but are simply the back-haul providers. Columbus Networks is solely in the business of broadband. Now why would TSTT seek service elsewhere (Sprint /Verizon) or absorb the massive cost of an infrastructure overhaul if there is basically a competitively priced wholesale source locally. Then again, this is just wild speculation. The decisions made by TSTT management are not always fully understood by us normal folk.
0

#8 User is offline   Illidan Icon

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 09-August 07

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

Does anyone even have any info on when TSTT plans to launch this dreamy ADSL2+ network you all keep talking about?
That is supposed to be minimun 6MB internet for $100 TT?

I am guessing that this service won't be available in Trinidad until christmas knowing TSTT.
0

#9 User is offline   broadbandboy Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 08-August 07

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

I see they (TSTT) just made an announcement in one of the sections here.. pricing looks pretty good for unlimited packages. I personally prefer ADSL over Cable anyday!

View PostIllidan, on Aug 10 2007, 06:00 PM, said:

Does anyone even have any info on when TSTT plans to launch this dreamy ADSL2+ network you all keep talking about?
That is supposed to be minimun 6MB internet for $100 TT?

I am guessing that this service won't be available in Trinidad until christmas knowing TSTT.

0

#10 User is offline   greall Icon

  • Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,433
  • Joined: 28-July 05
  • Location:Bel Air,La Romain

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:50 AM

View Postjoel, on Aug 10 2007, 04:20 PM, said:

Business wise I would think it actually makes the most sense for TSTT to purchase bandwidth from Columbus Networks, "Whom I might add is now a locally registered company". Flow does not actually own the ARCOS infrastructure but are simply the back-haul providers. Columbus Networks is solely in the business of broadband. Now why would TSTT seek service elsewhere (Sprint /Verizon) or absorb the massive cost of an infrastructure overhaul if there is basically a competitively priced wholesale source locally. Then again, this is just wild speculation. The decisions made by TSTT management are not always fully understood by us normal folk.


Dum...dum...dum...dum

Let's give him a cookie... :lol:

TSTT's rolling out all of these new services just after CC lands at Macqueripe and they both sign an interconnection agreement to allow for reciprocated billing when one network's customers uses services on the other network.

Digicel's screaming 'murder' to all who will listen and not wanting to interconnect with anyone (CC or TSTT)...hmmm... :blink:

It seems that the 'tiger' has changed its spots?
0

#11 User is offline   presando Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 16-March 07

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:13 PM

Excuse-moi? Je doute. Ce n'est pas possible.
0

#12 User is offline   loveusender Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 27
  • Joined: 02-January 07
  • Location:san juan

Post icon  Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

i would seriously KILL that connection with downloads evveryday.. already trying to squeeze everything out of my 256k connection
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users