• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

free call on old tdma phone free calls on tdma phone

#1 User is offline   jpf Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

Hey here this.. somebody from work tell me he was at home in Barataria one day a month ago, playing with a tdma phone he had charged.. after it charged, he saw on the display "network found" but it didnt say whether it was TSTT or anyone else. he said the phone was roaming & he called a number & it worked! he was able to talk for half an hour, im guessing for free!

he tried the same thing with other tdma phones people at work had but he didnt get through again though
hmm, i wonder if I should get my mom's old tdma & try it! anyone know if tstt or some other provider still have a tdma signal running, or if is just for roaming or something

#2 User is offline   Cool3ni Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers,music,mobiles an anything to do with technology

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

No,TSTT turned off their tdma signal,an I think they are using the tdma time slots to increase the gsm network capacity.

#3 User is offline   jpf Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

View PostCool3ni, on Aug 20 2007, 04:46 PM, said:

No,TSTT turned off their tdma signal,an I think they are using the tdma time slots to increase the gsm network capacity.

well i doh know, but it had to have some other provider out there testing a TDMA signal or something at the time the call was made

#4 User is offline   kemraj Icon

• Moto Modder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Developing and administrating of websites.
    www.TriniMotors.com

Post icon  Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

Yep tstt removed the tdma system and they used the band 850mhzs to strength their moblie service.
I don't believe any one network will be testing out tdma network at anytime. You must be confusing cdma to tdma, Cdma and tdma are totally two diffrent things when compaired to services

#5 User is offline   jpf Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

View Postkemraj, on Aug 25 2007, 01:00 PM, said:

Yep tstt removed the tdma system and they used the band 850mhzs to strength their moblie service.
I don't believe any one network will be testing out tdma network at anytime. You must be confusing cdma to tdma, Cdma and tdma are totally two diffrent things when compaired to services

well the guy told me it was an old tdma phone so I doubt it would be cdma but ill ask him.. but it would be pretty unlikely he has a cdma since that is much newer and Laqtel hasnt launched as yet and tstt only uses cdma for EVDO.. I dont think he is the kind of person so into phones that he would get one which would be useless since there arent any cdma providers yet

#6 User is offline   kemraj Icon

• Moto Modder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Developing and administrating of websites.
    www.TriniMotors.com

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

You misunderstud me its not cdma i i don't believe that some network will be testing out tdma

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users